Tuesday 22 October 2013

Diet update: 5:2 diet

I have had numerous comments asking if I have lost weight, and I am proud to say that I have.  I wonder how much of it is muscle that I've lost, but if my clothes are not so tight then that's a good thing too I guess!

Trying to explain it to people is hard.  They think it's bad that I'm fasting - but I keep telling them I'm not starving, it's just super calorie controlled for 2 days and I can still eat.  A lot of people say that they couldn't do that, but I find that calorie controlling every day is much harder for me.  I know I wouldn't stick to it.

I have to say that overall I am impressed with this diet.  I have never dieted before, and never thought I was going to because I thought diets were silly - if it was only a temporary thing then you'd go back to what you were before the diet once the diet ended, so what was the point?  However, I can see that I could easily follow this regime for the rest of my working life, as it fits in so easily with it and I don't feel like I'm missing out (except on those 2 days a week) - but there are plenty of other days to eat stuff!  For a busy working professional who doesn't do much exercise, I can see this working.  However, for a heavily exercising person, I can't see this being good for them because their gym or exercise workout would probably burn more calories than they were eating so they would be net starving for the day!  Perhaps they could do NET calories instead of total calories.

Today is my non fast day and I had a hot chocolate and coconut/mango bread and I'm sitting here nibbling on maltesers.  Nope, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything at all :D

No comments:

Post a Comment