Tuesday 9 August 2011

Like mother like son - up at the crack of dawn

Julian has stopped waking up at 6am and now is rising at 4.30-5.30 am.  It is driving my husband crazy (he is not a morning person).  Fortunately for me I don't mind because I don't sleep much.

It started about 2-3 weeks ago, and it happened to coincide with him being able to reach the door handle and open the door on his own.  So now instead of knocking on the door to be let out of his room when he woke up in the morning, he opens his own door, comes into my room and makes that Nghhh sound (a grunty sound when you're trying to poop!) to let me know he needs to go to the toilet.  Though I suspect that he makes that sound to get me to take off his nappy, because I put him on the toilet and nothing happens.

At first I was lying in his room and trying to coax him back to sleep, but now I am taking him downstairs and sitting with me while I get on World of Warcraft and do my boring rares hunting in Outland and Northrend.  He watches Baby Einstein videos on the other monitor and snacks on some breakfast cereal.  That occupies him for about half an hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment