Friday 10 December 2010

Happy Birthday to me!

I officially am closer to 40 than I am 30 today.

I normally love my birthday.  Birthdays to me are a special day that belongs to just me (well technically it's not just ME because there are millions of people out there who have the same birthday), and I often feel like it's my prerogative, my right, to do anything I want to make myself happy for that one day.  My family has always celebrated birthdays and I intend to do the same for my children.

I was thinking back early this morning (at midnight when it was officially my birthday), about previous birthdays.  I had a friend who used to message me on the dot at midnight when it was my birthday, and then message me the whole day with random happy birthdays and it always made me smile, and feel special and remembered!  Silly but cute.  This year I looked at my phone at midnight and there were no messages and though it was silly, tears welled up in my eyes as I felt forgotten, and unremembered.  I didn't feel special anymore!  Such a self centred silly thing really.  Even now thinking about it I have tears in my eyes again.

I'm determined not to let it ruin my day.  I already have a long day ahead of me.  One bonus I have to admit is that my morning list was cancelled so I can have a bit of relaxing time with no kids and no work (though I ended up doing work by doing some difficult registrar discussions).  I should have gone shopping instead.  I do after all have a free boost drink to pick up as a special treat for my birthday.

So, happy birthday to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment