Thursday 11 November 2010

Planning for the big trip next year April/May

I've got the big trip planned for next April/May.  On May 7 my sister is getting married in Las Vegas, and on May 14-17 is the ANZCA ASM in Hong Kong.  So, there is a big trip planned.  Since I thought it would be good for the kids to go to Taiwan whilst I'm in Hong Kong, I thought that we would all fly together from Australia to Taiwan, stay there a few days, then fly from Taiwan to Las Vegas, stay there for 10 days or so, then fly back to Taiwan, where I will leave the family and I will stay in Hong Kong for my conference.

So... the debate is whether to leave Julian in Taiwan whilst we go to Vegas.  I initially suggested it because hubby was very distressed about the thought of taking the kids to Vegas.  I think it's just too hard for him.  However, having kids doesn't mean that it's going to be easy and after some thought I decided that it would be better for us to take Julian with us.  His mother isn't in the best of health and she's there looking after her own mother (hubby's grandmother) who is unwell.  So having Julian there who can be awake all night and crying and being difficult could be stressful for her.  Though hubby says that she wants to do it, I am not convinced because she has not shown particular interest in helping with the children when we needed someone to help, nor has she come back from Taiwan to see the children, even for Julian's first birthday.  She does however see them on Skype which is a plus, but the time that I needed her to come back (December/January) she didn't want to come and help.

So trying to get some travel ideas for the kids.

A friend GT suggested the CARES which is a travel harness that you can take on the plane for kids safety.  It costs about $100 and is a 5 point safety harness approved by many airlines.  Here's a link to the website:

CARES

Then I saw these Zoobies things, they are so cute!  They're a toy, a pillow and a blanket all in one!  I think I might get Erika one for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment